Take advantage of the opportunity to further your education in Germany. The good news is here! A call for applications is currently open for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships. This article offers a comprehensive overview of the scholarship program, highlighting its numerous advantages and providing a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
International students can apply for Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Scholarships 2024-2025 which are fully funded. Students can apply for these scholarships if they are pursuing a master’s or PhD degree. As part of these scholarships, recipients will receive €1350 per month. Additionally, €100 in lump sum payments are available to cover health care expenses and research costs.
This program is funded by the Federal Foreign Office. You will only qualify for this scholarship for a specific period based on the average duration of your studies (standard period of study). A one-year scholarship will be awarded initially, with the possibility of renewal for the entire duration of the program once the requirements are fulfilled. It is possible to extend the study period beyond the standard one.
The Scholarship Department of Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung provides scholars with an extensive array of support, encompassing workshops, symposia, educational trips, as well as political education events, and summer schools. The program also includes hands-on training in critical thinking, conflict resolution, time management, and self-management abilities, enhancing academic credentials, along with workshops on writing and textual analysis.
- Degree Levels: Masters, PhD
- Host: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Scholarship country: Germany
- The program offers a wide range of subjects for you to pursue, except medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine. So, you’ll find countless areas of opportunity waiting for you, no matter what field you’re interested in, except medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, or any healthcare-related profession.
- Duration of Program: The master’s programs have a maximum study period of three years, while the Ph.D. programs have a maximum study period of four years.
- Deadline: April 2024
Funding for Scholarships
The following benefits are provided to recipients of Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Scholarships:
Master’s students receive €850 as well as a lump sum of €20. In addition to these subsidies, additional funds of no more than €86 are available for health and nursing insurance.
If you pursue a PhD, you will be awarded a generous scholarship of €1350 per month, which is primarily based on merit rather than your personal income. Additionally, €100 can be used to cover research expenses and further health care subsidies are available. It is also possible for scholarship holders to receive funding for stays abroad (for research or conference attendance, for example).
The organization can sponsor classes in the European and German languages.
Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must satisfy all the following requirements to qualify for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship:
- Proficient English skills are required.
- An understanding of German at the B2 level or above is required.
- All countries worldwide are eligible.
- We prioritize women, students from non-academic backgrounds, migrant students, individuals who face social disadvantages, as well as those with disabilities, who have shown exceptional excellence and dedication.
- We encourage undergraduates and individuals with scientific and technical backgrounds, including graduates of technical colleges, to submit their applications.
- Languages other than German or English will not be accepted.
- An MA degree from a German university must be granted by a state or recognized by a state.
- PhD students must be accepted at a German university.
- You need a letter of admission or enrollment certificate from a German university for the upcoming semester.
- The scholarship will not start until you have documented your enrollment.
- You must have a basic understanding of the German language as further classes can be sponsored. The English language should at least be very good.
- Services related to social, political, or community matters.
Criteria for selection are as follows:
- Qualifications demonstrating exceptional academic achievement in high school and/or college-level education
- Relevant experience in political and social activism.
- German fluency (B2 level or above).
- Please provide some background information about yourself and your family.
How can I apply for the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Scholarship?
The application process for this scholarship is as follows:
- The online application portal is the only way to apply for this scholarship.
- Fill out the application form after creating an account. The required documents should also be uploaded.
- Complete the application and submit it.
We wish you all the best as you are applying!