The University of Melbourne Graduate Research scholarship is available. It is offers prestigious Graduate Research Scholarships to domestic and international students enrolling in graduate research, including Ph.D. programs. These scholarships support high-achieving students’ academic pursuits by providing comprehensive financial assistance and fostering a conducive research environment.
The University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships, including the Melbourne Research Scholarship and the Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship, are aimed at students who demonstrate exceptional academic merit and research potential. Approximately 600 scholarships are awarded annually across all study areas, ensuring a wide range of disciplines can benefit from this support.
- Location: Australia
- Host Institution: University of Melbourne
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships:
- Applicant Status: You must be either applying to or already enrolled in a graduate research degree program at the University of Melbourne.
- Academic Achievement: Applicants have shown outstanding academic performance in their prior educational pursuits.
- Research Potential: Evidence of research potential in the applicant’s field of study.
- Citizenship: Open to both Australian/domestic and international students.
- Age and Professional Experience: The selection process actively considers applicants’ relevant professional experience, publications, and other academic achievements.
Applicants must apply to or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree program at the University of Melbourne to be eligible. Selection is based on academic performance and research potential, considering previous degrees, professional experience, publications, and other relevant achievements.
- Academic Transcripts: You must provide academic transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: This is for non-native English speakers.
- CV/Resume: Detailing academic and professional achievements.
- Research Proposal: Outline of proposed research (for prospective students).
- References/Letters of Recommendation: Academic or professional referees need letters of recommendation.
- Valid Passport: For international applicants.
- Fee Remission: A 100% fee is offset for up to two years for Masters by Research degree students or up to four years for doctoral students.
- Living Allowance: Annual living allowance of up to $37,000 (2024 full-time study rate) for up to two years for Masters by Research or up to 3.5 years for doctoral students.
- Relocation Grant: The program awards a one-time payment of $2,000 to students moving from places within Australia, except for Victoria, and $3,000 for those relocating abroad to attend the university.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): International students who need a student visa to study in Australia receive Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) as a Single Membership.
Recipients of these scholarships benefit from complete fee remission and a living allowance of up to $37,000 per year (2024 full-time study rate) for up to 3.5 years for doctoral degrees. Other benefits include a one-off relocation grant for students moving to Victoria or from overseas and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students requiring a student visa.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit a single application for these scholarships. When they apply for admission to a graduate research degree, candidates are automatically considered based on the course’s application deadline. Students currently enrolled or those who have delayed the start of their course need to fill out and submit an online form by October 31 to qualify for scholarship consideration for the upcoming academic year.
For further details, including how to manage scholarship payments and conditions, please visit the University of Melbourne’s official Graduate Research Scholarships page and the Melbourne Research Scholarship details. These resources provide comprehensive information about the scholarship program, application process, and benefits, ensuring prospective Ph.D. students have all they need to secure financial support for their studies successfully.
All the best of luck!