The Chevening Scholarship program is an international scholarship program sponsored by the UK government. It offers full funding for one-year studies in the UK on a fully funded master’s degree course from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and partner organizations. There is a diversity of nationalities and backgrounds among Chevening candidates, but they all strongly demonstrate a commitment to shaping a better world.
As a selected candidate, you are eligible for full tuition coverage, access to some of the best quality education on the planet, exclusive networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to experience a variety of cultures throughout the UK.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded in the UK to outstanding leaders from across the globe. It is only open to students who are well-connected and passionate about the subject. Scholarships for master’s degrees let students earn their degrees in the subject areas of their choice. The ideal candidate should be a leader with a strong sense of duty to society.
About the Scholarship – Brief Description
|Opening Date||August 3, 2021|
|Application Deadline||November 2, 2021|
The Chevening scholarships cover the following:
- Full tuition fee
- To and fro travel allowance
- Allowance upon the students’ arrival for settlement
- Clearance for visa cost.
- An allowance worth 75 GBP which serves as a contribution to the cost of TB testing.
- A top-up allowance for travel
- A monthly stipend to cover living as well as housing expenses.
Below are the eligibility criteria to apply for Chevening Scholarships:
- The scholarship is only open to applicants from a Chevening-approved country
- The candidate should return to his/her home country upon completing the period of their scholarship.
- The applicants are required to through with their undergraduate degree.
- He/she must complete all the prerequisites requirement for master’s program in the UK.
- The student has to possess minimum of two years of work experience.
- The applicants are required to have applied for a minimum of three different universities of United Kingdom and received a scholarship letter from at least one of those universities before July 14, 2022.
Below are the required documents to submit during the Chevening Scholarships application. Note that the documents are required to be submitted in PDF format. The documents include:
- A well-Scanned International Passport or National Identity
- Academic Transcripts
- Letters such as intent, motivation, and reference letters
- An offer letter from any of the 3 universities you applied to
- Statement of purpose
- Study plan, research proposal
- English Language Test results for those applicant whose official language is not English and those applicants who have never been to any institution that uses English as a medium of communication
We wish you all the best!