The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study is a scholarship program for international students sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The scholarship is now open to interested individuals to 2022-2023 academic session. The YES online applications portal is now available for international students. The YES scholarship program is a golden opportunity to avail for studying by foreign students for one academic year with full tuition fee support.
This is a great opportunity for high school international students to grab the grants to study in the Kennedy-Lugar scholarships for an academic year in the USA. YES students will be serving as ambassadors of their home nation by promoting mutual understanding which forms a last longer relationships with their host families as well as communities.
The Youth Exchange and Study scholarships is administered by partnership with the United States Department of State via a consortium of Non-Profit Organizations through the leadership of the American Councils for International Education.
About YES Scholarship – A Brief Description
|Fund Type||Fully Funded|
|Opening Date||August 21, 2021|
|Application Deadline||October 22, 2021|
The YES scholarship is based on merit and open at no cost to all international students who meet the below eligibility criteria:
- The applicant age must be between 15 -17 years
- He/she must be enrolled in high school in their countries during the application time.
- The applicants must have obtained the minimum of 60% in all major/core subjects offered in the last class he/she attended
- He/she must have an overall minimum average of 60% in the last three years.
- He/she must be fluent in Eglish communication, and must earned the minimum of 60% mark on the last English exam/Test while the minimum of 60% mark is required for the previous two years
- The candidate must meet the U.S. J-1 visa eligibility criteria
- The students should not have previously traveled to the US
- Students with disabilities can also apply for the YES scholarships if they also meet the eligibility criteria
Documents Required for the YES Scholarship Application
The YES Scholarship applicants must complete the application form and upload the below documents when applying:
- A copy of passport with at least one year validity
- A completed online application form by the candidate.
- Terms and Conditions form duly signed by him/her as well as all parents/legal guardians.
- The statements of parent/legal guardian
- Academic Transcripts. It must be in PDF format
- Motivation letter explaining his/her intention for the YES scholarship application
- Purpose Statement
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Two recommendation letters from two professors of the applicant from the previous institute.
- English Proficiency Exam/Test
We wish you all the best!