It is a great opportunity for you to continue your education in Australia. Melbourne International Scholarship for undergraduate-level applications is open at the moment, so if you are interested, you should apply soon. The purpose of this post is to provide you with more information about this scholarship program, its benefits, and how to apply through step-by-step instructions.
International students studying in Melbourne are eligible for a partially financed grant through the Melbourne International Undergraduate Grant Program. There are 50 undergraduate scholarships awarded each year by the University of Melbourne to deserving students. For the first year of an undergraduate degree, these scholarships will cover the costs of tuition for an amount of $10,000.
To recognize overseas students who contribute important contributions to the diversity of a university’s student community, the University of Melbourne established the overseas Undergraduate Scholarships.
Many international undergraduate fee remission scholarships are available to students who demonstrate academic excellence and are allocated through a competitive process based on course/region quotas.
Scholarship Details in Summary
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Host / University: University of Melbourne.
- Location: Australia.
- Courses Offered: Here are all courses available in the opportunity focus areas.
- Program Duration: Three years.
- Deadline: Semester 1, 2024 (start of year February/March intake): November 30, 2023. Semester 2 (mid-year, July intake): May 31, 2024.
Melbourne International Scholarship Benefits
- A Melbourne International Scholarship for undergraduate-level will provide the recipient with the following benefits as a result of receiving the scholarship:
- During the first year of an undergraduate program, a $10,000 tuition fee reduction will be offered
- The university offers a 50% fee remission for undergraduate studies of three years,
- The University offers a 100% fee remission on undergraduate degrees that last three years.
Eligibility criteria for the Melbourne International Scholarship for Undergraduate-Level
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Language required: English is the language of instruction.
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries of the world are eligible for participation in this program, except for Australia and New Zealand.
- During your undergraduate studies, you have been unconditionally offered a place as part of your undergraduate program.
- Your performance in the last year of school has been excellent, with results such as:
- At least four A* grades in GCE A Levels.
- At least 97% in an approved foundation program.
- Obtain a minimum grade of 43 in the International Baccalaureate (IB).
- There is no prior postsecondary education (except for extended studies as part of a year 12 program) that has been completed by the applicant.
How to Apply for the Melbourne International Scholarship for Undergraduates?
The steps below will guide you through the application process for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship:
- The application process is not required. If you are eligible for this award, you will be considered automatically.
- In the case of qualified students who have received an unconditional offer of admission to a program at the undergraduate level, they will automatically be considered for admission.
- Here you will find a list of undergraduate courses to choose from.
- You can apply online by using the application system provided on the website.
- You can find additional information on the application process by clicking here.
As you are starting your scholarship application today, we wish you all the best!